The primary mental health initiative is a free brief intervention service that offers counseling support to clients with mild to moderate mental health issues.
It is estimated that at any given time, up to one in five people, suffer from mild to moderate mental health problems.
Our team, consists of qualified mental health professionals, who have the clinical expertise to help you develop your ability to manage stress, regulate your emotions and develop coping skills.
This service will help you with:
- Information, advice and support about healthy lifestyles
- Education about mental illness and medications
- Specific therapies to help you with problem-solving and different ways of thinking, feeling and behaving
- Specific short-term counselling
- Referral and liaison to other health or social service agencies
For more information visit:
- Depression NZ
- Mental Health Foundation of NZ
- The Lowdown
- CALM – Computer Assisted Learning for the Mind
- Lifeline Aotearoa – 0800-543-354
- Youthline – 0800-376-633
- Samaritans – 0800-726-666 – 24 hour support