A fall can have a huge impact for people aged 65 years and over. Here is some information to help build confidence and knowledge about how to avoid falls.
Are you at risk of a fall or a falls injury?
If you are 65 years and over and can answer Yes to any of the questions below, then you have a risk of falling:
- Have you had a slip, trip or fall in the past 12 months
- Do you have a fear of falling
- Are you on 4 or more medications
Why should I worry about falls?
Falls are the leading cause of hospitalizations for people aged 65 years and over. The good news is most falls are preventable.
The impact of a fall can create:
- A fear of it happening again
- Loss of independence and confidence
- A reluctance to undertake certain activities
April Falls Campaign
Falls – Preventing falls and reducing harm from falls
Date: Mar 27th, 2017
How to use bedrails safetly