A fall can have a huge impact for people aged 65 years and over. Here is some information to help build confidence and knowledge about how to avoid falls.
If you are 65 years and over and can answer Yes to any of the questions below, then you have a risk of falling:
- Have you had a slip, trip or fall in the past 12 months
- Do you have a fear of falling
- Are you on 4 or more medications
Falls are the leading cause of hospitalizations for people aged 65 years and over. The good news is most falls are preventable.
The impact of a fall can create:
- A fear of it happening again
- Loss of independence and confidence
- A reluctance to undertake certain activities
April Falls Campaign
Falls – Preventing falls and reducing harm from falls
Date: Mar 27th, 2017
How to use bedrails safetly